Life Story Training:
What is Life Story Training?
In truth their is no exact definition or prescription for Life Story training, however, we believe that the overall goal of Life Story Work is to help people to understand their lives. This includes their life history and information about relatives, friends, carers, places lived and key life events as well as personal achievements. Life Story Work may also help people to plan for their future as a result of understanding their past and the effect that it has had on them.
What are the benefits of Life Story training?
The benefits of life story education for social care and residential care professionals are potentially very important.
Awareness and understanding of life story work can help you to:
- Relate to children and young people in your care more so through an understanding of who they are.
- Understand their behaviours and character traits.
- Implement strategies that are more likely to be successful for managing behaviours and risks.
- Improve relationships with the children and young people in your care.
- Provide increased levels of therapeutic support.
- Improve your relationships with the families and friends of the children and young people in your care.
- Improve your communication with the children and young people in your care.
What are the Learning Outcomes?
- Understand the definition of, and theory supporting Life Story Work.
- Understand the potential benefits of Life Story Work.
- Know how to use a range of approaches to Life Story Work.
- Be able to assess which children will benefit from Life Story Work and which would benefit from other types of intervention.
- Be able to use Life Story Work in adult social care contexts.
Furthermore our training will, where appropriate, discuss the children and young people in your care to help you and your colleagues understand them and relate to them more so.
As with everything that we do here at CDP Inspections, we always try to make our services useful and realistic.
We identify strategies to implement life story work, i.e. how does this look practically? We will help you develop plans and techniques to undertake this work.
Not only will Life Story Training improve your knowledge and understanding of the children and young people that you care for, but the implementation of this work is of great benefit for when you are inspected by Ofsted or the CQC for example.
Demonstration of life story work is ‘above and beyond’ and can evidence Outstanding practices in your business.
What does Life Story Training Cost?
We provide Life Story training in your place of business or chosen venue.
We could also provide a venue on your behalf if this would be preferred.
The training is undertaken over the course of one full day.
Training costs start at £400 for up to six delegates.
Full certification is provided post training for each delegate.